Let's get to it, shall we. First off, as anyone can tell by my name BulletproofConservative, I am a political conservative, yet I maintain a somewhat "middle of the road" social stand. Now, to explain. Politics in the United States are simply divided into three distinct parts (or they used to be), national, regional, and local. National politics, in my opinion, should remain 100% conservative. Minimal government. Minimal interference. Basic operations such as defense, interstate trade regulation, and diplomacy. Regional politics should be a 50-50 mix of conservative and liberal views. We have to maintain social order, and this is the first level of that process. Local politics can lean more to the liberal point of view, as this should be the "hands on" part of politics, where the people meet the machine. Taking care of the poor, hungry, homeless, etc. The separation of these three should be somewhat obvious, and should be maintained. When liberalism creeps into the halls of national politics, then we begin a downward spiral. When conservative politics creep into local politics, we begin the same downward spiral.
So, not to bore you folks, if anyone likes where this may go, please keep reading, drop me a message, comment, etc. I like to hear all sides of the argument. If you believe you can change my mind, please try. I can't guarantee you will, and most likely you won't, but if you do manage to sway me, then you will have succeeded in something darn near impossible.

No comments:
Post a Comment